Wismec Reuleaux Rx300 review
2016 has seen leaps and bounds in the vaping world and just before it ends Wismec decided to release the rx300, a beefed up version of the rx200 but the question is, do you need one ? Lets check it out.
The Rx300 is a 300W maximum output mod with Four 18650 batteries featuring a brand-new interface and separate battery bar indicators. Upgradeable firmware & multi-protection systems and a host of other features are available. This mod also gives you the option to use interchangeable stickers and upload your own logo available in 4 different colour combinations (black&carbon, black&black leather, silver&carbon and silver&black leather.
The mod arrives in a smartly packaged black box with a photo of the rx300 placed on the front and at a glance it looks a lot better than their plain attempts at packaging from previous mods. Open the box to find the unit itself cushioned inside some black foam looking very slick to reveal underneath the accessories and paperwork.
The mod itself essentially mimics the rx200 design however Wismec have decided to square off the back to cater for the extra 18650 battery. The unit looks very stylish and sleek not distorting the fact that this is a large unit. Button layouts are very ergonomic and the micro usb port sits inside the well built body helping to deter any damage that could potentially arise from usb cables connected. The side vents are reminicent of new high end sports cars and serve their purpose well cooling the x4 18650 batteries inside. Wismex decided on a simple led screen and it displays all necessary information in different light conditions both neatly and purposefully, effortlessly gliding through menu changes at a click of a button.
The fire button is large enough to use blindly and protrudes very slightly to give a pleasant feel in the hand pushing down with a smooth clicking action so you know you have pressed the button. Many people were given this in our shop to trial and no one really complained about the size or feel of the unit, even those with smaller hands, however people did mention it may be an issue to carry. Overall this unit doesn't scream innovation but its based on the functional well built foundations of the rx200, so if its not broke don't fix it right ?
Features and Spec 9/10
- x4 18650 batteries (not included )
- 300w high power output
- Pre heat function
- Customisable logo upload
- Interchangeable side stickers
- 510 spring loaded thread
- 0.96inch old screen with independent battery life indicators
- Flip-open Battery Cover for Easy Exchange
- Dual Circuit Protection & Reverse Polarity Protection
- Cell type: High-rate 18650 cell
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Reverse charging adapter serving as a power bank (charges phones etc)
- 1.5A quick charge capability when using Avatar Quick Charger
Cell type: (discharge current should be above 25A)
Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR Mode
Output Wattage: 1-300W
Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes
Resistance Range: 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Maximum Charging Current: 1.5A
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Apart from the usual features one would come to expect from a high end mod such as this, there are some cool qualities we liked about the rx300. First and foremost the most obvious notable feature is the x4 battery compartment which will last most hardcore vapourers all day so if you are unable to charge your device then this particular feature will be very appealable to you bearing in mind very few mods on the market can come close. This is dependent on the the type of batteries you use but the same principles apply to all mods, just make sure you use quality batteries (recommended to use discharge batteries with an output of at least 25 amps. (https://vapourvibes.com/collections/accessories) and not fakes from eBay.
- Coil pre heat function- With pre heat function activated, the rx300 pre heats the coil for the first few hits when the mod is cold so the user gets a better initial hit. This is an excellent feature which gives a more consistent and fluid drag from the get go until the coil is at user specified optimum temperature.
- x4 independent battery display- Shows the approximate battery charge level for each of the four individual batteries so the user can identify which batteries need charge
- Dual Circuit Protection & Reverse Polarity Protection- Reverse polarity protection is effectively achieved by the application of special battery anti reverse circuit in the circuit board. And the equipped dual circuit protection systems make the RX300 much safe and reliable.
- Upgradeable Firmware with Preheat Function: With an upgradeable firmware, custom logo and preheat function are available.
- Innovative RC Adapter: The newly introduced reverse charging adapter serves as a power bank, providing power to electronic equipment when necessary.
- Changeable Stickers- Two editions are available, you can change the colourful sticker and decorate the device to your preference.
Perhaps the only let down on the mod is its sheer bulk which may be a nuisance to those that hold portability at the forefront of their mod needs. It will be very difficult to transport this device without a bag or holdall of some sort and even then the weight becomes an issue when considering the unit holds x4 18650 batteries to its already weighty frame ( 440 grams or 15.5 ounces). With the 510 connector, compatibility will not be an issue and many users will find the 300w caters for and far beyond their needs with massive battery life and its well placed buttons. The device is nice to hold and offers ample grip even in slippery conditions making it a breeze to use even for those with smaller hands.
The Wismec Reuleaux RX300 certainly delivers. It vapes superbly with an excellent chipset and firmware to compliment . Quad 18650's provide excellent battery life all day and / or a very powerful output for the advanced builders and cloud chasers. The build quality is excellent and wismics choice to use premium materials have paid dividends making it an every day vapours dream without worrying about damaging the unit. The buttons are soft yet firm on click with tight springs offering lastability giving you a mod that if treated well will serve you for years to come. Check out our youtube review to see how it vapes.
Currently on sale for £69.99 in most retailers, the rx300 is not cheap especially considering x4 high quality 18650 batteries are needed as well as a good tank but quality comes at a price. Probably more suited to advanced vapourers and cloud chasers or those that simply want the best on the market the Wismec RX300 should definitely be on your hit list this year.
This latest offering by Wismic scores a very respectable 7.6/10 for those who want the best with no compromise in performance. Check out the youtube review to see it up close.